Burst Pipe Services
A burst pipe is a plumbing emergency that could cause flooding in your home. For 24/7 assistance, call VanGo Rooter at (877) 826-4690. We will dispatch an experienced plumber to your property ASAP with the right solution. Click here to access our online discounts and specials.
Ruptured water pipes are a serious predicament that can lead to significant property damage. They occur due to various factors, including freezing temperatures and weak pipe material. No matter what caused the burst pipe, you need a plumber you can rely on to fix the problem. At VanGo Rooter, we have a team of experienced plumbers who will repair or replace your burst pipes using the most cost effective solution. Call us today for immediate help!
Check out our customer reviews and see why we are the go-to plumbers in San Francisco County, Santa Clara County, Sacramento County and surrounding areas.
What are some causes of burst pipes?
Copper is the main material used to make water pipes due to its durability. However, this material is still prone to leaking. Below are some of the common causes of burst pipes:
- Freezing temperatures. Low temperatures below the freezing point cause the water in your pipes to freeze and expand. This leads to increased pressure in the pipes and results in bursting.
- Clogging, or using small diameters of pipes with high water pressure being pumped into them. These two instances result in excess strain on the pipes. With time, the strain will be too much for the pipe to handle and eventually leads to bursting.
- Pipe corrosion.
- Tree root invasion.
- Earth tremors or quakes.
How can you avoid this problem?
Burst pipes are risks that cannot be completely eliminated; however, you can avoid this problem. The most appropriate solution is to schedule regular inspections and maintenance by professional plumbers. You can also take the following preventive measures to avoid burst pipes:
- Insulate outdoor pipes, especially those close to outdoor walls and crawl spaces, to protect them when temperatures drop.
- Allow the air to circulate around the plumbing pipes by opening cabinet doors in the bathroom and kitchen.
- When you are away from home during the winter, keep your home warm by leaving the heat on and draining your water system.
- During the winter, allow water to trickle through your faucet to prevent the pipes from freezing.
We recommend having your plumbing pipes inspected at least once a year. Regular plumbing maintenance allows us to detect weaknesses and potential problems before further issues develop.
What can we do to help?
If you have a burst pipe, turn off your main water valve and call us for help. We will arrive ASAP to handle the situation. Our professional plumbers will first locate the source of the burst or leak and determine its severity. We will then resolve the problem using the most cost efficient solution, whether it is repairing the damaged material or replacing it. When it is an issue of frozen pipes, our experts will first defrost it.
For small cracks and damages, we can have these fixed quickly by using strong sealing compounds. For larger cracks in the pipeline, we will replace the pipes with high quality, durable material. After completing the repairs and replacements, we run a test on the entire water system in your home to make sure that there are no further leaks.
Don’t wait until you are ankle-deep in water. Get your burst pipe problem solved as quickly as possible. VanGo Rooter is here to help with 24/7 emergency service. Call us now at (877) 826-4690 for immediate solutions.